The best shopping cart software by ShopFactory powers D319. All-in one eCommerce software and shopping cart.
The Cinderella Cat
- Known as 'the gentle giant' the Maine Coone is one of the largest domestic cat breeds
- DNA evidence shows that the Maine Coone are descended from the Norwegian Forest Cat and an extinct domestic breed
- very large, playful cats weighing up to 12kg, average being between 6 and 9 kg
- Maine Coons reach full size at around 4 or 5 years of age
- very long whiskers to help them find their way in dense undergrowth
- large, expressive eyes
- their coat is water resistant
- Eye color also varies widely. All patterns may have green, green-gold, or gold. Blue eyes, or one blue eye with one gold eye, are possible in white coat cats.
- Maine Coon's come in a wide variety of colours including Brown, Red, Cream, Silver, Blue, Smoke, Black, White and dilutions of all these colours. They also come in different patterns like Tabby, Tortie, Torbie, Mackerel, Patch, Solid. These colours and patterns can be either with or with- out White.
- The classic Maine Coon is the tabby pattern.
- Their fur consists of two layers - an undercoat and an additional layer of longer guard hairs, which gives the breed their key physical feature. The fur is generally very soft.
- very dog like in their behaviour. Playing fetch is a favourite game. Because of their above average intelligence they are very easily trained.
- tend to be relaxed and easy going
- not generally regarded as lap cats, but prefer to sit next to you
- affectionate behaviour
- the male often displays clown like personality
- easily groomed
- Their shaggy semi longhair coat is soft and silky. It reached between 5-10cm (2-4") in length. They were bred to resemble a lion with an obvious ruff around the neck and a plumed tail.
- They are kitten-like in their behaviour, even when fully grown.
- Active and playful and a little mischievous
- Maines are especially good with children, dogs and other cats and have always been a popular and sought after companion.
- regarded as a family cat- they love children and other animals can be easily trained to walk on a leash.
- they use their front paws extensively- can easily open doors or turn on taps,open cabinet doors or pick up small items and have been known to eat from their paws rather than a feeding bowl.
- Maine Coons are noted for their ability to trill their meows, which sounds like a combination of a purr and a meow, and they tend to make this sound when happy or startled.
- they rarely eat alone, preferring to eat with other animals or with humans
- They rarely meow, and when they do, that soft, tiny voice doesn't fit their size!
- they are not as vertically oriented as some other breeds, probably because of their size, and prefer to chase ground running targets such as mice or cockroaches.